Nighthawk® AX5200 AX6 6-Stream WiFi 6 Router with NETGEAR Armor™ (RAX48)
- NETGEAR Armor™ - Advanced cyber threat protection for your home and your connected devices*
- Extremely Fast WiFi — 6-Stream WiFi with up to 5.2Gbps (4.8Gbps + 460Mbps † ) wireless speeds.
Powerful 1.5GHz Triple-Core Processor — Smooth 4K UHD streaming to Smart TVs, mobile devices and gaming consoles.
5 Gigabit Ports — Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections with 1 WAN & 4 LAN ports
160MHz Channel Support — Enjoy over 1Gbps WiFi speeds for blazing-fast streaming and downloading to newer mobile devices that support 160MHz bandwidth.
USB 3.0 PORT — Faster streaming, backup and easy access to your stored media.
- Nighthawk App — Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. Includes Access Anywhere to manage your network when away from home.
Automatic Firmware Updates — Latest security patches delivered to the router.
Works with Existing WiFi Devices — Backward compatible with WiFi 5 (802.11ac) and earlier generation WiFi standards.
Amazon Alexa & the Google Assistant — Control your NETGEAR WiFi network with simple voice commands.
- Download datasheet
6-Stream WiFi: Connect, Stream, and Download Faster
More WiFi streams means more available bandwidth and less congestion for all devices in the WiFi network. The Nighthawk AX6 provides consistent and powerful signal strength to multiple devices at the same time so you can enjoy smooth gaming and 4K UHD video streaming, and faster file transfers and backups.
Setup and control your home WiFi from the palm of your hand.
- ACCESS ANYWHERE — Easily monitor your home network anytime, anywhere.
- NETGEAR ARMOR — Protect your home and connected devices from cyber threats.
- INTERNET SPEED TEST — Check the broadband speeds from your service provider.
- GUEST NETWORK — Set up separate WiFi access for guests.
- QUICK SETUP — Get connected in just minutes.
Cybersecurity for Your Home
NETGEAR Armor™ protects your connected home from Internet threats. Armor’s multi-layered cybersecurity is built into your WiFi router to protect your smart devices, smartphones, and computers. NETGEAR Armor includes Bitdefender’s® award-winning anti-virus, anti-malware, and data protection and VPN for an unlimited number of devices.
Reliable Smart Home ConnectivitySupport for simultaneous dual-band is ideal for connecting multiple IoT devices. Your WiFi stays strong and reliable for everything from sensor-based, low-bandwidth activity to high-bandwidth video streaming.
Smoother UHD 4K/8K StreamingWatch ultra HD 4K/8K videos on your smart TV while others game online and upload pictures from their smartphones. Streaming on Netflix and YouTube has never been smoother.
Faster & Farther CoverageWhether your family is gaming in the basement or streaming videos by the pool, everyone can enjoy ultra-fast wireless speeds, indoors and out. Four high-performance antennas provide stronger and more reliable whole home coverage.
- WiFi 6 (802.11ax) Dual Band WiFi (AX5200)
- 2.4GHz AX: 2x2 (Tx/Rx) 256 QAM 20/40MHz, up to 460Mbps
- 5GHz AX: 4x4 (Tx/Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40/80/160MHz, up to 4.8Gbps
- Backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi
- AX5200 WiFi
- WiFi coverage for very large homes
- Four (4) high-power external antennas extend wireless range coverge indoors and out
- Simultaneous dual band 2.4 & 5GHz
- Beamforming+ — Boosts speed, reliability and range of WiFi connections for 2.4 and 5GHz
Number of Ethernet Ports
- Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 WAN & 4 LAN
Number of USB Ports
- One (1) USB 3.0 port
- Triple-core 1.5GHz processor
- 6-stream WiFi with up to 5.2Gbps† for fast wireless speeds‡
- WiFi speeds up to 460Mbps + 4.8Gbps with 6-stream connectivity***
- 1024-QAM—25% increased data efficiency and faster speeds than a 256-QAM router
- 160MHZ channel support*** doubles the speeds as offered by 80MHz channels to provide Gigabit speeds for compatible mobile devices and laptops
- OFDMA gives you more WiFi for more devices by allowing efficient data transmission at the same time
- USB 3.0 port for faster streaming, backup, and easy access to stored media
Ease of Use
- Nighthawk App for easy router setup and more, including remote management of network when away from home
- Control NETGEAR network with simple voice commands using Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- AX WiFi supports all current WiFi devices and is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac client devices
- Easy setup for iPad®, tablets, smartphones, and computers
- NETGEAR Armor - Advanced cyber threat protection for your home and your connected devices
- Supports WPA3 for the latest and cutting-edge WiFi security protocol
- Standards-based security — 802.11i, 128-bit AES encryption with PSK
- Securely access home network & internet connection from mobile devices with VPN support on PC, Mac, and iOS and Android devices with OpenVPN Connect app
- Separate & secure access for guests
- Automatic firmware updates deliver latest security patches to the router
- Dimensions: 11.65 x 8.11 x 2.25in (295.8 x 206 x 57.2mm)
- Weight: 1.25 lb (566 g)
- NETGEAR® Nighthawk® AX6/6-stream AX5200 Tri-Band WiFi 6 Router (RAX48)
- 4 external antennas
- Ethernet cable
- Quick start guide
- Power adapter
- Microsoft® Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista®, XP®, 2000, Mac OS®, UNIX®, or Linux®
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 11 or higher, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome™ 55 or higher, Firefox® 45 or higher, Safari® 10 or higher
This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller.
† Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary and may be lowered by network and environmental conditions, including network traffic volume and building construction. NETGEAR makes no representations or warranties about this product's compatibility with future standards. Up to 5200Mbps wireless speeds achieved when connecting to other 802.11ax 5200Mbps devices.
‡ As compared to an AC1200 2x2 router.
** When working with 160MHz clients as compared to a 2x2 AC router that does not support 160MHz.
*** Requires client device that supports 160MHz bandwidth on WiFi.
§ Requires compatible AX clients with DL-OFDMA and UL-OFDMA support.
†† NETGEAR Armor requires a paid subscription after the initial introductory period.
This product is backed by a NETGEAR limited 1-year Hardware Warranty.