New Wireless Design Service for SMB Businesses & WiFi 6 AP WAX625
In an effort to continually serve the SMB market, we recently announced a new product and a new service to help managed service providers as well as SMB IT personnel provide best-in-class network performance customized to the needs of their organizations and customers. The latest Insight-managed Pro WiFi access point, WAX625, featuring industry-leading engineering, next-generation performance, and enterprise-level security. It’s ideal for any small or midsize business (SMB) seeking to upgrade their WiFi capabilities.
The new multi-gig WiFi 6 WAX625 Insight-managed access point builds on the success of our WiFi 6 line of products with increased capabilities. Based on WiFi 6 Release 2 technology, featuring wider 160MHz channels on the 5GHz band, the WAX625 delivers 100 percent more throughput than its predecessor at a comparable price. The dual-band access point provides up to 5.4Gbps1 total WiFi throughput, helping to serve more users with better speed and less congestion. Supported by a 2.5Gbps Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) port for single-cable data and power connection and one Gigabit Ethernet port, the WAX625 affords a super-fast connection to a switch or internet router.
This remote-managed access point is ideal for businesses and managed service providers (MSPs) who look for scalability and performance in WiFi deployment. The WAX625 is perfectly suited for high-density client device environments such as schools, restaurants, and conference centers. For powerful management capabilities, the WAX625 includes one-year of NETGEAR Insight, providing centralized, real-time cloud management and control, with no need for additional hardware. The access point is compatible with all Insight-managed access points in forming a wired and wireless mesh network based on our unique Instant Mesh technology to create a larger coverage area with seamless roaming.
WAX625 AP Key Features:
- Dual-band WiFi 6 access point – Fastest, most cost effective dual-band WiFi 6 access point delivering up to 5.4Gbps of data throughput
- Robust security – Enterprise-grade security features enable safe access and secure sub-networks through multiple SSIDs and VLANs.
- Mesh capability - Compatible with all other NETGEAR Insight-managed wireless access points to create a comprehensive mesh network
- 100% more throughput - WiFi 6 Release 2 technology, featuring wider 160MHz channelization on the 5GHz band, delivers 100% more throughput than previous designs
- Multi-Gigabit Speed with PoE - Includes a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port for creating a non-blocking connection to a multi-gig PoE++ switch such as the NETGEAR MS510TXUP
- NETGEAR Insight Remote Management - SMBs and MSPs can remotely set up, monitor, and maintain their network without help from IT
Pro WiFi by NETGEAR
The WAX625 is compatible with WAX610, WAX615, WAX628, WAX630, WAX630E, WAX638E Insight-managed access points and Insight-managed switches to form a wired and wireless mesh network. Collectively, the WAX600 family of Insight-managed access points form our new Pro WiFi product category. Managed service providers, installers, as well as individual SMB IT personnel also now have access to the newly launched design service at ProWiFiDesign@netgear.com. This free service provides expert help to design and deploy customized networks of NETGEAR Pro WiFi access points and multi-gig Ethernet switches.
The WAX625 is in stock and available now for MSRP £269.99.
1 wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary and be lowered by network and environmental conditions, including network traffic volume, device limitations, and building construction.