ADVANCE YOUR WIFI WITH NEW NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK X6S TRI-BAND GIGABIT ROUTER WITH AC4000
Now you can manage your home network through voice commands and stream faster to mobile devices with MU-MIMO technology
SAN JOSE, California — June 21, 2017 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of networking devices that power today’s smart home, is releasing a new, advanced edition of its highly-rated and award-winning Nighthawk® X6 Tri-Band WiFi Router. The new Nighthawk® X6S AC4000 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Router with MU-MIMO (R8000P) now offers faster WiFi, a more powerful processor, and multi-user MIMO technology for improved performance and blazing-fast speeds when simultaneously streaming to multiple devices. It even supports voice commands for your home WiFi network through the Amazon Alexa voice service platform.
The Nighthawk X6S Router with breakthrough tri-band WiFi and MU-MIMO is designed with gaming, streaming, and mobile devices in mind, making it ideal for simultaneous streaming too many WiFi devices in your home. Nighthawk X6S offers the fastest combined WiFi speed up to 4Gbps* and is powered by a next-generation 64-bit 1.8GHz dual core processor with three offload processors. The X6S is built to support gigabit WAN-to-LAN speeds for you to enjoy the fastest wired and WiFi speeds throughout your home with less lag and less buffering as you game, stream and surf. With standard Nighthawk router features such as NETGEAR genie® remote access, ReadyCLOUD® and OpenVPN®, you can access and control the X6S from anywhere. You can also easily manage it through spoken commands if you have an Alexa voice service-enabled product such as the Amazon Echo speaker or the Amazon Fire TV voice remote.
The powerful combination of innovative features in Nighthawk X6S ensures that every device is assigned to the WiFi band where it can connect at its maximum possible speed. With SmartConnect, intelligent selection of the fastest WiFi band is completed for every device, ensuring that your devices are automatically connected to the best available band. The result is that faster devices perform unhindered by slower ones, perfect for today’s homes with their combination of new and old WiFi devices. This network load balancing and segmentation enables the X6S to mitigate interference, especially useful as Internet of Things (IoT) devices become more widespread in smart homes. Laptops, tablets, phones, TVs, game consoles, smart home devices, and IP security cameras are given a performance boost so consumers can roam freely and enjoy strong WiFi coverage while downloading, streaming, and gaming — anywhere in and around the home.
“We continually add new technical capabilities to our products and the Nighthawk X6 is no exception,” said Sandeep Harpalani, senior director of product marketing for NETGEAR Connected Home. “The new Nighthawk X6S not only supports the features of its award-winning predecessor, but has new capabilities already standard in several other routers from the industry-leading Nighthawk family, such as MU-MIMO, port aggregation, and ReadyCLOUD® USB access.
“Of note, tri-band WiFi technology was first introduced with the original Nighthawk X6 in 2015 and NETGEAR was the first to utilize a Tri-Band WiFi System with Orbi providing a dedicated wireless back haul. To date, NETGEAR currently holds six patents on the use of tri-band in WiFi Routers and systems.”
New and Updated Technical Features of Nighthawk X6S
- Tri-Band WiFi to deliver fastest performance to new WiFi devices, uncompromised by older, slower WiFi technologies in the connected devices
- AC4000 WiFi for up to 4Gbps* (750+1625+1625 Mbps) of 802.11ac WiFi speed
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) for simultaneous streaming to multiple devices
- Powerful, 64-bit 1.8GHz Dual Core Processor plus 3 offload processors for data-intensive applications, better video streaming, lag-free gaming, surfing, and more
- Smart Connect for intelligently selecting the fastest WiFi band for every device all under one SSID
- Amazon Echo/Alexa compatibility for voice control of your home network through the NETGEAR skill for Alexa
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports (1 WAN and 4 LAN) Two Gigabit LAN ports can be aggregated for fast wired connections for devices such as NETGEAR ReadyNAS® Network Attached Storage
The Nighthawk X6S will also continue to include the follow specifications which have become a mainstay of the Nighthawk family of performance routers.
- 6 High-Performance Antennas for better WiFi coverage and faster speeds
- 2 USB Ports including one SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port for faster streaming, backup and easy access to your stored media
- NETGEAR genie® app with remote access for easy installation, monitoring, control and repair of your network whether you’re at home or away
- NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD® for personal, secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhere
- Beamforming+ for improving range and performance for both 2.4 and 5GHz devices
- Top security features include Parental Controls by family member and device, separate Guest Network, and VPN Support for remote access to your home network and Internet using any of your devices
Pricing and Availability
The new Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri-Band Gigabit WiFi Router with MU-MIMO (R8000P) will be available this month from major retailers at an MSRP in the U.S. of $299.99.
Visit NETGEAR.com to view the full range of industry-leading NETGEAR WiFi routers and modem routers for meeting every type of home networking need.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 31,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 28,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the NETGEAR investor page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter, Facebook and our blog.
©2017 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, NETGEAR genie, Nighthawk and ReadyCLOUD are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. AC4000 equals 750Mbps at 2.4GHz 802.11n with 256 QAM support + 1625Mbps at 5GHz 802.11ac + 1625Mbps at 5GHz 802.11ac. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
U.S. Media Contact: Nathan Papadopulos, (408) 890-3889, NPapadopulos@netgear.com
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Customer Inquiries: (888) NETGEAR