NEW NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK X4S AC2600 SMART WIFI ROUTER DELIVERS FASTEST ONLINE GAMING AND 4K HD STREAMING
Fast-paced gaming enthusiasts will be thrilled by 2016 CES Innovation Award honoree, the industry’s first shipping router to offer 1.7GHz processor and 160MHz bandwidth for maximum throughput
LAS VEGAS — January 4, 2016 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR) (www.netgear.com), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, is launching the new Nighthawk® X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router (R7800) (www.netgear.com/R7800) for people who value speed. Nighthawk X4S is an ideal router for fast-paced gaming hobbyists, as Nighthawk X4S not only delivers an extremely fast WiFi connection to any device, but 160MHz-capable mobile devices enjoy up to twice the throughput provided by other routers.
Nighthawk X4S is a CES® Innovation Award honoree at this week’s 2016 International Consumer Electronics Show for its advanced, industry-leading features supporting the outstanding Internet performance required for whole-home coverage in the connected home of today — and the smart home of tomorrow.
Nighthawk X4S is the newest addition to the premium NETGEAR Nighthawk range of products and represents a giant leap forward from the Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router (R7500) launched in 2014, taking it to the next level in terms of speed. The new Nighthawk X4S supports Wave 2 WiFi features like quad-stream architecture for both 2.4 and 5GHz, Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO), and160MHz bandwidth. It joins the company’s top-end router launched in October, the award-winning Wave 2 Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Tri-Band Quad-Stream Smart WiFi Router (R8500), but with dual band and offered at a more aggressive price point.
“Nighthawk X4S is a great router choice if your family loves gaming and streaming at a breakneck pace,” said Sandeep Harpalani, senior director of NETGEAR product marketing for Home Consumer Products. “It combines the fastest network processor used in a retail router with the latest WIFi technology for ensuring your mobile devices support the best possible online experiences today and in the future.”
Nighthawk X4S optimizes usage of available bandwidth for supporting lag-free gaming and smoother streaming of HD video. With its powerful dual-core 1.7GHz processor, it provides extreme 802.11ac WiFi speeds up to 2.53Gbps* and supports up to four data streams in each WiFi band, maximizing connection speeds for sending data to multiple mobile devices simultaneously. You can stream your favorite 4K HD video to one device and play an intense multi-user online video game on a different device, with greater clarity and less buffering, throughout your home.
Even though the newest WiFi routers like Nighthawk X4S now support four streams for improved bandwidth, many mobile devices continue to have only single- or dual-stream support due to size and battery life constraints. To solve this problem, NETGEAR has designed Nighthawk X4S to support the highest possible 160MHz bandwidth, effectively doubling the throughput for supported mobile devices and ensuring the fastest possible speeds.
Technical Benefits of Nighthawk X4S
NETGEAR designs Nighthawk routers with best-in-class technology for speed, range, sharing, reliability, ease of use and security for your WiFi-enabled devices — smartphones, notebooks, tablets, smart TVs, gaming consoles, Blu-ray® players, and media servers.
Hardware features of Nighthawk X4S
- The powerful 1.7GHz dual core processor boosts AC2600 WiFi, wired, and WAN-to-LAN network performance to deliver a combined speed of an astonishing 2.53Gbps* (up to 1733Mbps on the 5GHz band + 800Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band).
- Quad-stream architecture with new Wave 2 WiFi improves WiFi range for mobile devices.
- MU-MIMO technology designed for simultaneous streaming to multiple devices provides major performance improvements with next-generation mobile devices.
- 80+80/160MHz supports maximum speeds for upcoming mobile devices.
- 4 high performance external antennas with powerful amplifiers combine with Beamforming+ to ensure the best WiFi coverage and reliability throughout large homes and even backyards, by focusing WiFi directly at connected devices.
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN and 1 WAN) offer multiple fast wired connections for home entertainment systems and game consoles.
- 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports and 1 eSATA port offer high-speed, storage-ready access and transfer of your content significantly faster than USB 2.0.
Software features of Nighthawk X4S
- Application-aware and device-aware Dynamic QoS technology optimizes your connection speed for reduced lag and buffering.
- Security features include VPN support for secure remote access to your home network and Internet when away from home, separate guest network access, and a customized free URL to create a personal FTP server.
- ReadySHARE® Vault, a free software application, automatically backs up Windows®-based PCs on your network to a USB hard drive connected to Nighthawk X4S.
- The unique NETGEAR genie® app, with more than 6 million downloads, is a personal dashboard to make it easy to install, monitor, control and repair your home network.
- Enhanced Parental Controls enable web filtering and accessibility by family member or devices.
- NETGEAR MyMedia® helps you to find and play your stored media from anywhere on your network to your DLNA®-ready TVs and music system.
- ReadySHARE USB storage access and ReadySHARE printing capability enable you to wirelessly access and share a USB hard drive and USB printer via the 2 USB ports.
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router (R7800) is available now from major retailers in stores and online, at an MSRP of $269.99 in the U.S.
The Nighthawk Router Family
You can find out more about Nighthawk, the premier brand in NETGEAR networking and WiFi products, at www.netgear.com/home/discover/nighthawk. Find a router that is a match for your budget and Internet needs so you can enjoy an unmatched whole-home experience. Nighthawk routers and their suggested U.S. retail prices include:
1. Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Smart WiFi Router (R8500): A 2016 CES Innovation Award winner, with Wave 2 WiFi features including tri-band, quad-stream, and MU-MIMO capability for the ultimate performance and experience in whole-home networking — $399.99.
2. Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router (R8000): A 2015 CES Innovation Award winner, the first tri-band WiFi router for large-sized homes with many devices connecting to the home network — $299.99.
3. Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router (R7800): A 2016 CES Innovation Award winner with dual-band WiFi, supporting Wave 2 WiFi features including quad-stream, MU-MIMO, and 160MHz bandwidth for 4K HD streaming and gaming at extreme speeds — $269.99.
4. Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router (R7000): The winner of many industry honors including a 2014 CES Innovation Award, and the most full-featured dual-band WiFi router available at its price point — $199.99.
NETGEAR is showing Nighthawk routers and other exciting product innovations for smart homes to invited press, analysts, customers and channel partners, in its CES suite in the Marriott Las Vegas this week.
- Go to www.netgear.com/R7800 to watch the Nighthawk X4S video and to get more product details.
- See all CES-related news from NETGEAR at www.netgear.com/ces.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 38,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 30,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available at http://investor.netgear.com or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR at www.twitter.com/NETGEAR and www.facebook.com/NETGEAR.
©2016 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, NETGEAR genie, MyMedia, Nighthawk, ReadySHARE and ReadySHARE Vault are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. AC2600 equals 800Mbps at 2.4GHz 802.11n with 256 QAM support + 1733Mbps at 5GHz 802.11ac. 2.4 GHz Performance Mode requires 256 QAM support on WiFi client. Up to 1733Mbps wireless speeds achievable when connecting to other 802.11ac 1733Mbps devices. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
U.S. Media Contact:
Jocelyn Shaw, Weber Shandwick for NETGEAR, (415) 262-5904, email@example.com
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, firstname.lastname@example.orgU.S. Customer Inquiries: (888) NETGEAR