NETGEAR’S ARLO GO MOBILE HD SECURITY CAMERA WITH 4G LTE COMING TO VERIZON
New Outdoor Security Camera features 4G LTE connectivity and HD Video, night vision, two-way audio, rechargeable batteries
LAS VEGAS, Nevada — January 4, 2016 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the worldwide leader in home networking and smart home security products is announcing the recently introduced Arlo® Go Mobile HD Security Camera (LTE-VML4030<<strong>) will be available through Verizon this spring to both consumers and business/government customers. Connected by Verizon 4G LTE, the Arlo Go security camera can go wherever 4G LTE is available, without the need for external power or WiFi connectivity.
A 2017 CES Innovation Award Honoree, Arlo Go Mobile HD Security Camera is the world’s first 100% wire-free mobile security video solution. Arlo Go operates on the Verizon 4G LTE network, providing security video monitoring when roaming or in areas with limited or no WiFi access. By combining the power, simplicity and flexibility of the award-winning Arlo® HD Security Camera product line with the mobile connectivity of Verizon’s nationwide 4G LTE network, Arlo Go is a breakthrough in modern product design, enabling fast and easy security monitoring of even remote locations.
Arlo HD Smart Security Cameras are easily set up in seconds and Arlo Go is no different. Without the dependency on an existing WiFi connection, Arlo Go can be deployed and re-deployed quickly. With Arlo Go’s advanced PIR motion sensor, you are notified whenever there is motion within the camera’s 130 degree field of view. Through Arlo’s mobile and browser apps, you get a live, on demand view of the location as well as the ability to easily play previously recorded videos from nearly anywhere in the world. As with all Arlo cameras, Arlo Go offers a rolling seven days of free cloud storage so you can record, review, save and share videos from the app, available for Android, Apple iOS and Apple TV.
With two-way audio, the ability to hear and speak through the camera provides the added benefit of being able to respond immediately even when off site. Even in the dead of night, the Arlo Go camera’s advanced RGB-IR Night vision technology provides a clear picture of the scene<. Arlo Go also comes equipped with a micro SD memory card* slot for easy local backup of video.
“Arlo Go provides more options for our customers to monitor their assets and keep a watchful eye on property that may not be reached by a WiFi signal,” said Pat Collins, senior vice president of Arlo products at NETGEAR. “With no cords and no wires and now with the ability to easily connect nearly anywhere with Verizon 4G LTE, Arlo Go provides consumers and business and government entities with an unprecedented ability to monitor and protect their property.”
Where Can Arlo Go Take You?
You can now add security nearly anywhere with Verizon 4G LTE. As a 100% wire-free and mobile HD camera for surveillance, security, and monitoring, even in remote locations, Arlo Go is ideal for outdoor spaces without WiFi access. By enabling you to monitor your assets, Arlo Go provides peace of mind when travelling – at hotels, cabins, or outdoors. Below are a few examples of where Arlo Go may be used:
- Workplace, Construction Site and Warehouse Security– Keep an eye on your building material, employees or monitor parking lots and the back edges of your property outside WiFi range.
- Boats, Docks and Marinas – Prevent vandalism and enforce safety protocols by getting email alerts or notifications when motion is detected in the monitored areas in and around your boat.
- Hotels, Vacation Homes, Rental Units, Recreational Vehicles and Campsites – Keep tabs on what matters to you when you’re not around, even when you’re on the road.
- Public Safety and Neighborhood Watch – Keep a watchful eye over your community with easily deployed weather-proof cameras in multiple locations.
- Daycare and Nursing Homes – Rest assured that your loved ones are cared for by keeping an eye on activities from afar.
- Farms, Ranches, and Stables – Keep watch on your farm, equipment, and livestock, and monitor for intruders even in low-light conditions.
- On the Wilderness Trail – Experience the great outdoors from the comfort of your couch as Arlo Go enables you to view animal migrations, check game patterns, monitor overhunting, or enjoy birdwatching.
Key Features of Arlo Go:
- Untethered mobile security: Arlo Go supports 4G LTE wireless connections anywhere on the Verizon 4G LTE network.
- 100% Wire-free: Patented 100% wire-free design lets you discreetly place cameras where you want and monitor indoor and outdoor spaces from every possible angle.
- Weatherproof: Indoor/outdoor cameras install easily for DIY security so you can place them nearly anywhere, indoors and out.
- Local Video and Audio Storage: Built-in micro SD card slot for local backup storage.
- 2-way Audio: Built-in mic and speaker enable push-to-talk capability so you can listen in and talk back.
- Motion and Audio Detection: Arlo Go initiates automatic recordings and alerts you via email or app notifications.
- Free Cloud Recordings: seven days free recurring cloud recordings for the life of the camera and you can connect up to five cameras without recurring monthly subscription fees.
- Night Vision: See sharper details in stunning clarity with 720p HD cameras, even in the dark.
- Live Viewing: Watch live streamed or recorded videos from your computer, smartphone or tablet using the free Arlo app.
- Effortless Setup: Install your Arlo Go camera within minutes through iOS or Android™ mobile devices.
Watch the Arlo Go video at Arlo.com to learn more about NETGEAR Arlo Smart Home Security.
Pricing and Availability
The Arlo Go Mobile HD Security Camera (LTE-VML4030) by NETGEAR will be available by Q2 from Verizon.
Optional subscription-based service plans are available for Arlo systems of more than five cameras or storing of recordings beyond the free seven-day plan.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless(WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 28,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 27,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the NETGEAR investor page or by calling (408) 907-8000.Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter, Facebook and our blog.
©2017NETGEAR, Inc.NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, and Arlo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
U.S. Media Contact: Nathan Papadopulos, (408) 890-3889, NPapadopulos@netgear.com
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Customer Inquiries: (888) NETGEAR