48x10G/25G SFP28 and 8x100G QSFP28 Managed Switch
48x10G/25G SFP28 and 8x100G QSFP28 Managed Switch
These switches combine the configurability of a matrix switcher with the power and scalability of Ethernet to support hundreds of AV over IP endpoints. M4300 and M4500 switches offer IGMP Plus and greatly simplify system architectures at a dramatically lower price point
We're always here to help
Want a custom configuration?
Need to check compatibility?
Ready for a quote?
Our experts are available via online chat, phone, or email.
Pre-configured for out-of-the-box use
NETGEAR IGMP Plus™ enables instant multicast functionality for most AV over IP installations
Cost effective aggregation
Simplified system architectureOptimized for "Spine and Leaf" redundant AV installations, with or without MLAG between spine switches
High capacity for AV over IP streamsUp to 320 TX / 320 RX (10 Gigabit) nodes all line rate with each other in a redundant spine and leaf architecture
VLAN configuration flexibility
Power and fan redundancy2 power supply units (APS750W) and 6 redundant fan trays (AFT402) pre-installed for 1+1 power and 4+2 fan redundancy
Advanced IPv4/IPv6 security including malicious code detection, DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard, and Control Plane Policing (CoPP)
Fault toleranceSelectable Port-Channel / LAG (802.3ad - 802.1AX) L2/L3/L4 hashing for fault tolerance and load sharing with any Ethernet channeling
Robust link aggregationUp to 64 Link Aggregation Groups (LAG, Port-Channel, LACP) with 32 ports per LAG and Multi-chassis Link Aggregation (MLAG)
Comprehensive routingIPv4/IPv6 static and dynamic routing including IP Multinetting/CIDR, PBR, VRRPv2, OSPFv3, PIM-SM6, BGP4, VRF-Lite
Security & PrioritizationAdvanced classifier-based, time-based hardware implementation for L2 (MAC), L3 (IP) and L4 (UDP/TCP) security and prioritization
Multicast routingHigh performance IPv4/IPv6 multicast routing with PIM-SM and PIM-SM6 associated with unicast static routes, or other L3 protocol
Advanced Layer 3 features
Includes IP Multinetting/CIDR, Static, PBR, VRRPv2, OSPFv3, PIM-SM, VxLAN, BGP4, VRF-Lite
Link DependencyAbility to enable or disable ports based on the link state of different ports for complete link dependency
Configuration update simplicityNon-Disruptive Configuration for applying a new configuration file without disrupting the operation of unchanged features
Extensive management capabilitiesIndustry standard SNMP, RMON, MIB, LLDP, AAA, sFlow and RSPAN remote mirroring implementation
OOB and CLIService port for out-of-band 1 Gigabit Ethernet management (OOB) with industry standard command line interface (CLI) only
Local management consoleStandard RS232 straight-through RJ45 for local management console (USB 2.0 to RS232 converter with PL203 chipset is advised)
Two redundant, modular power supplies and six hot-swappable fan trays pre-installed for peace of mind
Stay on top of operations with: CLI, local GUI, SNMP, sFlow, RSPAN, single pane of glass NMS300
Secure Your Data
Defend with Access Control, DiffServ QoS policies, LACP Link Aggregation, Private VLANs, Denial of service protection
Enjoy high availability across virtual servers through load balancing and nonstop forwarding failover.
M4250 AV Line Switches
An entirely new series of switches developed and engineered for the growing AV over IP market.
- Dimensions: (WxDxH): 440 x 508 x 43.2 mm
- Weight: 9.78 Kg (21.54lb
- Model Description : M4500 Managed Switch with 48x10G/25G SFP28 and 8x100G QSFP28 ports
- Ordering Number : XSM4556
- Acoustics : 68.0dB @ 25°C (77°F) - the noise is reduced when the two PSUs connect to a power source
- Power Consumption (Max) : 394 Watts
- 25G SFP28 Ports : 48 SFP28 ports (1x10G default mode, other modes can be 1x25G and 1x10G)
- 100G QSFP28 Ports : 8 QSFP28 ports (1x100G default mode, other modes can be 1x50G, 1x40G)
- PSU and Fans : 2 modular Power Supply Units and 6 modular Fan Trays come pre-installed
- Management : CLI only (local console, telnet port 1223 and SSH port 1234)
- Management Ports : 1G Ethernet service port for out-of-band management (OOB, RJ45)
- RS232 straight-through serial RJ45 for local management console
- Form Factor : Full width 1U (508mm depth) with two mounting ears (front) and rail kits (back)
- Warranty: This product is backed by a NETGEAR ProSAFE ® Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty .
- Lifetime Next Business Day Hardware Replacement. Click here for coverage, availability and terms and conditions.
- Support : ProSUPPORT 24x7 Advanced Technical Support via phone for 90 days (Remote diagnostics performed by our technical experts for prompt resolution of technical issues). ProSUPPORT coverage can be extended by purchasing one, three, or five year contracts.
- ProSUPPORT Lifetime 24x7 Advanced Technical Support via chat.
- Switch with two power supplies APS750W and six fan trays AFT402 already installed
- Console cable with one DB9 female connector and one RJ-45 serial connector
- Power cord(s)
- Two mounting ears and screws for rack mounting (front)
- One set of rail kits for rack mounting (back)
- Installation guide