VERIZON WIRELESS TEAMS WITH NETGEAR TO LAUNCH NEW MOBILE HOTSPOT THAT SUPPORTS 4G LTE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES IN THE U.S.
Powerful Verizon Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - AC791L enables you to enjoy and share secure WiFi with incredible all-day battery life, universal charging, and international LTE roaming support
SAN JOSE, Calif. — September 10, 2015 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR) (www.netgear.com), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, announced that the NETGEAR AirCard® 791S Mobile WiFi Hotspot (www.netgear.com/JetpackAC791L) is available to Verizon Wireless subscribers under the brand name Verizon Jetpack® 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot - AC791L (www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/verizon-jetpack-4g-lte-mobile-hotspot-ac791l/).
It is the first Jetpack from Verizon that supports 4G LTE Advanced technologies, which provide faster peak download speeds for superior performance and speed.
The convenient and travel-friendly Jetpack AC791L supports up to 15 WiFi-enabled devices simultaneously — smartphones, notebook and tablet computers, printers, cameras, e-book readers, etc. — so you can securely share WiFi with friends, family and co-workers while on the go for business or leisure. It features an intuitive user interface, and with the ability to automatically switch between 3G and 4G, the Jetpack AC791L enables you to stay continuously connected anytime, anywhere, for up to 24 hours or a month on standby**. Combining ultimate power and performance in one portable device, you can even take your WiFi with you abroad as the Jetpack AC791L is a World Device™ for international use in more than 200 countries.
The smart, powerful features of the Verizon Jetpack AC791L leverage carrier aggregation technology along with simultaneous dual-band 802.11ac WiFi* for top speed (5GHz band) and greater range (2.4GHz band), while minimizing interference from nearby devices. The future-ready Jetpack AC791L is capable of supporting faster speeds as the network upgrades and expands, and offers 3G fallback in regions where 4G is not yet available.
For Mobile Professionals and Families Alike
For mobile professionals and consumers who enjoy using the newest, most innovative technology, the Jetpack AC791L integrates simplicity, usability, and reliability with exceptional features, making it one of the best mobile WiFi companions for an on-the-go lifestyle.
For busy professionals, the Jetpack AC791L is ideal for online conferencing, sending email, and keeping clients up to date while on the go. With the Jetpack AC791L, you reduce downtime and stay productive while commuting or visiting client offices. A single mobile hotspot provides a secure, virtual private network in a temporary office or for teams in transit to share a data plan and avoid expensive, ad hoc airport and hotel WiFi expenses. With no software to install, the Jetpack AC791L is easy to set up and use and minimizes compatibility issues with corporate applications.
Parents, students, travelers, renters, telecommuters, and those with second homes can benefit from a safe, reliable, consistent Internet connection to get online, send email, watch videos, and update social networks. Whether in the car on a road trip, at afterschool events, or in a mobile home or RV, the Jetpack AC791L enables you to multitask schoolwork and entertainment while in transit and to share life’s adventures with friends and family.
“We’re delighted that Verizon Wireless has decided to add our AirCard 791L to the Jetpack product family and make our hotspot available to the many millions of Verizon Wireless subscribers,” said Jim Kirkpatrick, senior vice president of NETGEAR LTE Products. “Whether you’re a business person in a pop-up office, a traveler concerned about hotel WiFi security and costs, or a parent multitasking on the sidelines at soccer practice, you’ll love the convenience and security of the Verizon Jetpack AC791L and be impressed with the robust features that come in such a tiny package.”
As a premium mobile hotspot, the Verizon Jetpack packs ultimate power and performance in one device for superfast, reliable WiFi on the go, even abroad. In addition, it offers these outstanding benefits:
- Powerful Performance: The Jetpack AC791L is designed to support 4G LTE Advanced technologies, resulting in superior performance and speeds to support data-intensive activities such as video streaming or sharing of files using cloud applications.
- All-Day Battery Life: The Jetpack AC791L offers an incredibly powerful battery that lasts up to 24 hours** continuously, and up to 650 hours** — a full month — on standby, making travel worry-free.
- Charging Your Small Devices: You’ll never again have to search for a free outlet. The Jetpack AC791L has a universal charging capability for giving smartphones and small portable USB devices a quick battery jump when no wall outlet is available. It’s a fast pick-me-up to keep your smartphone running when there are still critical calls to make and messages to send on the go.
- Security for Peace of Mind: The secure, reliable connection of the Jetpack AC791L protects your corporate intel and data. It provides VPN support, blocks unwanted devices, and easily sets up one-time, temporary guest WiFi access.
- Easy Management Options: The Jetpack AC791L offers three options for conveniently managing device status, connection, data usage, and settings: via the on-screen LCD display, a web browser at http://my.jetpack, and through the complimentary NETGEAR AirCard app (www.netgear.com/AirCardApp).
Pricing and Availability
The Verizon Jetpack AC791L 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot is now available through Verizon Wireless online at www.verizon.com. It is offered for $49 (after a $50 rebate) with a new two-year customer agreement, or has a full price of $199.
- For information on Verizon Jetpack AC791L data plans and associated costs, go to: www.verizonwireless.com.
- For information on accessories for the Verizon Jetpack AC791L, go to: www.netgear.com/JetpackAC791L.
- Download the NETGEAR AirCard App from the Apple® App StoreSM, Google Play™, Windows® Store, and Amazon Appstore to iPhone®, iPad®, Kindle®, and Android™ smartphones and tablets.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless, Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 39,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 31,000 value-added resellers. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available at http://investor.netgear.com or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR at www.twitter.com/NETGEAR and www.facebook.com/NETGEAR.
©2015 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, and AirCard are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
Verizon Jetpack and Global-Ready are trademarks or registered trademarks of Verizon Wireless.
* Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.
** Battery claims based on internal Verizon Wireless testing.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
U.S. Media Contact:
Jocelyn Shaw, Weber Shandwick for NETGEAR, (415) 262-5904, firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, email@example.com
U.S. Customer Inquiries: (888) NETGEAR