NETGEAR INTENSIFIES YOUR WIFI EXPERIENCE WITH POWERFUL NEW NIGHTHAWK X4 SMART WIFI ROUTER
Quad-stream Architecture, 4 high performance antennas, and 1.4 GHz dual core processor enable blistering 2.33 Gbps network speed that eliminates lag and intensifies HD streaming and gaming
SAN JOSE, Calif. — September 2, 2014 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR) (www.netgear.com), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, is launching the Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router (R7500) (www.netgear.com/X4), an addition to its award-winning Nighthawk® family of 802.11ac routers. The Nighthawk X4 WiFi Gigabit Router with support for Quad-Stream WiFi Architecture delivers the fastest dual-band 802.11ac speed and performance for high intensity gaming, streaming and mobile connectivity.
The Nighthawk X4 is capable of a blistering 2.33 Gbps combined network speed (up to 1733 Mbps* on the 5.0 GHz band + 600 Mbps* on the 2.4 GHz band). It has a powerful 1.4 GHz dual core processor, based on the Qualcomm® Internet Processor, that provides unprecedented processing power to enable better multi-tasking performance. The X4 is also powered by the Quantenna® 802.11ac Wave 2, 4x4, MU-MIMO (Multi-User MIMO) WiFi solution to maximize wireless performance.
The new Quad-stream Architecture enables the X4 to stream high quality, full HD content with greater clarity and less buffering than was ever possible before. This, in conjunction with the four high performance antennas, provides unmatched home WiFi range and performance wherever it’s needed.
Moreover, Nighthawk X4 offers a unique Dynamic QoS prioritization capability. Instead of treating all devices and applications as the same, Dynamic QoS recognizes each individual application — gaming, streaming, file transfers, web browsing, etc. — and prioritizes them accordingly. X4 is also device-aware, recognizing gaming consoles from smart TVs, and PCs from smartphones, thus ensuring bandwidth is allocated appropriately to each connected device. This unique application-aware and device-aware capability makes online gameplay completely lag-free. Streaming full HD video is more stable and jitter-free, with less buffering, for a totally seamless experience.
“The Nighthawk X4 is designed for gamers and people who do a lot of video streaming,” said Sandeep Harpalani, NETGEAR’s director of product marketing for Retail Network Products. “We are excited to leverage the best in processing power, Dynamic Quality of Service, and dual-band WiFi technology to exceed the expectations of these demanding consumers.”
The X4 also offers superior capabilities for sharing, storing and securing your treasured files and multimedia content. You can easily add storage by connecting a drive to the twin SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports or one eSATA port on the Nighthawk X4 giving you fast access to all your files.
You’ll be able to take advantage of the X4’s 2.33 Gbps dual-band WiFi to stream content at speeds previously only possible with wired connections, making it ideal for streaming video to screens around the home that are DLNA®-enabled or AirPlay®-compatible.
X4 also includes a free software application that takes automatic backups of all PCs in your home network. NETGEAR ReadySHARE Vault™ makes safeguarding your PC files, photos, music, and movies easier than ever.
Technical Benefits of Nighthawk X4
NETGEAR has packed Nighthawk X4 with best-in-class technology to offer an unmatched WiFi experience for your WiFi-enabled devices — smartphones, notebooks, tablets, smart TVs, gaming consoles, Blu-ray® players, and media servers.
- Quad-Stream X4 Architecture delivers AC2350 WiFi for a combined speed of 2.33 Gbps (1733 Mbps* + 600 Mbps*), the fastest available dual-band 802.11ac WiFi connection to any one device.
- The 1.4GHz dual core processor delivers 40 percent faster speed for improved WiFi, wired, and WAN-to-LAN performance.
- 802.11ac Wave 2 WiFi technology is designed to deliver faster WiFi to multiple devices.
- Application-aware and device-aware Dynamic QoS technology optimizes your connection speed for reduced lag and buffering.
- Beamforming+ improves WiFi coverage and reliability by focusing WiFi directly at connected devices.
- Powerful amplifiers and four high-performance external antennas increase range for whole-home mobility.
- Security features include VPN support for secure remote access, customized free URL, SPI and NAT double firewall, separate guest network access, and parental controls.
- Five Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 WAN and 4 LAN) offer fast wired connections.
- One eSATA port and two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports offer high-speed, storage-ready access that is significantly faster than USB 2.0.
- ReadySHARE® Vault, a free software application, automatically backs up Windows-based PCs to a USB hard drive connected to Nighthawk X4.
- NETGEAR MyMedia™ enables you to find and play your stored media from anywhere on your network to your DLNA®-ready TVs and music system.
- iTunes™ server support enables you to play music on AirPlay-compatible devices using iTunes or Apple Remote™.
- NETGEAR genie® is a personal dashboard that makes it easy to install, monitor, control and repair your home network from PCs, Mac®s, and iOS and Android™ smartphones and tablets.
Pricing and Availability
Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router (R7500) is available immediately at an MSRP of $279.99 in the U.S.
Go to www.netgear.com/X4 or more information on Nighthawk X4, and to www.netgear.com/fastestwifi for the full range of NETGEAR 802.11ac WiFi networking routers. Watch the Nighthawk X4 video at www.netgear.com/X4tour.
You can see the NETGEAR Nighthawk X4, along with other NETGEAR networking solutions for the Connected Home, at the IFA trade show for consumer electronics running September 5-10. NETGEAR will be located in Hall 17, Booth 106 of the Messe Berlin exhibition center in Berlin, Germany.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. For consumers, the company makes high performance, dependable and easy to use home networking, storage and digital media products to connect people with the Internet and their content and devices. For businesses, NETGEAR provides networking, storage and security solutions without the cost and complexity of big IT. The company also supplies top service providers with retail-proven, mobile broadband solutions for their customers on the go. NETGEAR products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless, Ethernet and Powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 44,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 37,000 value-added resellers. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in over 25 countries. More information is available at www.NETGEAR.com or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR at twitter.com/NETGEAR and www.facebook.com/NETGEAR.
©2014 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, NETGEAR genie, MyMedia, Nighthawk, ReadySHARE and ReadySHARE Vault are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand names mentioned herein are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holder(s). Information is subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
Qualcomm is a registered trademark of QUALCOMM Incorporated and is used with permission. Qualcomm Internet Processors are products of Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. Registered marks owned by QUALCOMM Incorporated and are registered in the United States and may be registered in other countries.
Quantenna is a trademark of Quantenna Communications, Inc.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. AC2350 equals 600 Mbps @2.4GHz 802.11n -256 QAM + 1733 Mbps @5GHz 802.11ac. Up to 1733 Mbps wireless speeds achievable when connecting to other 802.11ac devices. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease of use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease of use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
U.S. Media Contact:
Jocelyn Shaw, Weber Shandwick for NETGEAR, (415) 262-5904, email@example.com
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Customer Inquiries: (888) NETGEAR