New S3600 Series Smart Switches join NETGEAR’s Total Network Solution, delivering scalable, user-friendly, cutting-edge connectivity for modern businesses
San Jose, Calif. – December 12, 2023 – NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of networking products that power businesses both large and small, today launched the cloud-managed NETGEAR S3600 Series Smart Switches, joining the company’s cutting-edge portfolio of switches designed to meet the growing demands for faster networking that today’s businesses require. The S3600 Series includes the 8-Port 10G/Multi-Gigabit (XS508TM) and 16-Port 10G/Multi-Gigabit (XS516TM) that provide flexible and auto-adaptive wired connectivity of high-bandwidth devices.
The growing networking demands of high-bandwidth applications and devices in the workplace often result in connectivity drops, slow speeds, bottlenecks, lagging content streaming and slow downloads. The S3600 Series of Smart Switches addresses these issues head-on and enables business owners to simply connect devices and instantly give each device exactly the speed it needs – either 1G, 2.5G, 5G, or 10G.
NETGEAR’s Total Network Solution
NETGEAR’s beginning-to-end solutions work seamlessly for an optimized business network. The XS508TM and XS516TM are the latest additions to NETGEAR’s Total Network Solution, joining the recently announced PR60X Pro Router, Pro WiFi Access Points and Insight cloud management platform, helping businesses take advantage of the latest networking connectivity all from a single vendor.
“Business owners face constant pressure as their organization grows – like managing networking bandwidth, especially when the number of high-bandwidth devices continues to increase at the workplace,” said Iphie Chen, Senior Product Line Manager at NETGEAR. “With our latest launch, business owners can choose the 8-Port or 16-Port 10G/Multi-Gigabit switch that caters to their specific networking needs, while also enabling some room to grow. As part of the Total Network Solution, the new S3600 Smart Switch Series provides easy-to-configure setup and management, which is critical especially for any business that may lack the onsite IT resources that most enterprise solutions require.”
The S3600 includes intuitive web management which streamlines initial configuration for rapid onboarding at the access layer of your network. It features 2 x 10G SFP+ Fiber uplink ports, perfect for a local 10G server or for uplink aggregation to the business’s network core. Additionally, the S3600 provides advanced Smart switch features such as IPv6 Layer 2+/3 static routing, DiffServ QoS policies, LACP, broadcast/multicast/unicast control, DHCP, and more to satisfy even the most advanced medium to large business needs.
While the built-in user interface is included to give business owners full control over configuration, setting up and managing the switch is even more convenient through the NETGEAR Insight cloud management platform. Insight provides comprehensive remote configuration and troubleshooting for NETGEAR Pro Routers, Pro WiFi Access Points, and Smart Cloud Managed Switches. Network managers can easily deploy, manage, and monitor every aspect of the network all from a single pane-of-glass.
Furthermore, NETGEAR stands behind the product’s reliability with a Limited Lifetime* warranty and 24/7 technical support, ensuring peace of mind and expert assistance when needed.
Additional technical specifications include:
- 8 or 16 x 10G/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet ports for flexible and auto-adaptive wired connectivity of high bandwidth devices – Connect devices instantly and give each device exactly the speed they need: 1G, 2.5G, 5G, or 10G, automatically.
- Non-blocking switching with 200Gbps (XS508TM) or 360Gbps (XS516TM) line rate fabric – Get all the connectivity you want to your devices across all ports of 10G/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet plus two 10G SFP+ fiber uplink ports (1G/10GBASE-X fiber SFP+), without congestion and in full duplex mode.
- Configurable L2/L2+ network features (VLANs, Rapid Spanning Tree, IGMP Snooping/Querier/Fast Leave, and more) – Intuitive web management streamlines initial configuration for rapid onboarding at the access layer of your network.
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention – Detects, defends, mitigates, and protects against possible DoS attacks targeting your business, like a faulty device flooding your network.
- SNMP v1, v2c, v3 and RMON remote monitoring – Can take full advantage of a central SNMP management tool.
- NETGEAR Insight Cloud management ready – Remote/Cloud management and monitoring enabled. Simply activate the Insight Management Option through the GUI – 1-Year Insight subscription is included.
- Smart Command-Line Interface (CLI) – Text view management interface that enables users to manage all network devices on a single pane of glass.
- Port mirroring for network monitoring – Lets you transport network packets captured on one or several ports across the switch to a destination on another port with a sniffer.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power savings – Latest energy-saving abilities including per-port automatic lower power mode when the port link is down, or idle.
- Quiet rackmount, wall mount or desktop operation – Temperature-based fan-speed control minimizes system acoustic noise with max 28.63 dBA at 25°C (77°F) ambient.
The NETGEAR S3600 Series Smart Switch is available in the U.S. now on NETGEAR.com:
- XS508TM for $999.99
- XS516TM for $1,599.99
A 1-year subscription of NETGEAR Insight Cloud Management is included with purchase.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR® (NASDAQ: NTGR) has pioneered advanced networking technologies for homes, businesses, and service providers around the world since 1996 and leads the industry with a broad range of award-winning products designed to simplify and improve people’s lives. By enabling people to collaborate and connect to a world of information and entertainment, NETGEAR is dedicated to delivering innovative and advanced connected solutions ranging from mobile and cloud-based services for enhanced control and security, to smart networking products, video over Ethernet for Pro AV applications, easy-to-use WiFi solutions and performance gaming routers to enhance online game play. The company is headquartered out of San Jose, Calif. with offices located around the globe. More information is available from the NETGEAR Press Room or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the NETGEAR blog at NETGEAR.com.
©2023 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, NETGEAR Insight and the NETGEAR logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
*This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller, and covers unmodified hardware, fans and internal power supplies – not software or external power supplies and requires product registration at https://www.netgear.com/business/registration within 90 days of purchase; see https://www.netgear.com/about/warranty for details. Intended for indoor use only.
U.S. Media Contact:
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, email@example.com