NETGEAR PRODUCTS WIN SIX REDDOT AWARDS FOR INNOVATIVE PRODUCT DESIGN IN GLOBAL COMPETITION
The celebrated seal of approval for design quality and style has been awarded to NETGEAR for all product categories, including: Arlo, Orbi and Nighthawk
SAN JOSE, Calif. — April 11, 2017— NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTGR),the worldwide leader of smart home security and networking products for both home and small businesses, has been recognized for its dedication to the highest caliber in product design excellence. The company has been honored with six new awards in the 2017 Red Dot Award competition, the internationally sought-after seal of quality in product design.
Since 1955,the Red Dot Award has been seen throughout the world and across different industries as the premiere award for high design quality. An international jury of approximately 40 independent designers, design professors, and specialist journalists assess each nominee for excellence inproduct design. This year, a record 5,500 entries from 54countries were in the competition, which culminates in the Red Dot Gala in Essen, Germany, on July 3, 2017. The winning products are displayedas part of the world’s largest exhibition of contemporary designin the Red Dot Design Museum in Essen, Germany.
“NETGEAR has a long history of emphasizing form as well as function,”saidJames Hathway, senior industrial designer for NETGEAR. “We invest effort into designing technologically superior products that are pleasing to the eye and touch, and that highlight elegance as well as performance. We’re proud that the Red Dot Awards jury has recognized our work year after year.”
Here are the six winning NETGEAR designs:
- Arlo™ Pro Smart Home Security Camera is the world’s first 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD home monitoring system with quick-charge rechargeable batteries, motion and sound-activated alerts, 2-way audio, ultra-wide 130 degree viewing angle, a 100+ decibel smart siren, and 7 days of free cloud HD video recordings. Arlo Pro is ideal for business and home use, and can be placed both indoors and outdoors.
- Arlo Quadpod Mount is the ideal do-it-all mount for your Arlo cameras, crafted with stainless steel and silicone making it suitable for indoor and outdoor usage. The four-legged mount can wrap around any surface like tree branches or metal poles. Whether you decide to wrap it or hang it, Arlo Quadpod adjusts to any surface and offers the best views for your Arlo cameras.
- Orbi™ Home Tri-band WiFi System is the simplest and smartest way to enjoy high-speed WiFi in every corner of your home. With patented Tri-band WiFi technology, Orbi establishes a dedicated backhaul connection between the Orbi router and satellite that helps maximize internet speeds for 4K streaming and connections to multiple-devices.
- Nighthawk M1 mobile router is the world’s first Gigabit LTE device, providing the convenience of a mobile hotspot with the full functionality of a travel router. It offers superfast mobile broadband internet (up to 1Gbps download/150Mbps upload) to support up to 20 Wi-Fi devices on a single secure connection, and it can also be a shared hub to stream media to connected devices while on the go or at home.
- Nighthawk S8000 Gaming and Media Streaming Switch is a versatile, easily configurable 8-port networking switch that brings low latency and QoS management for ultra-high performance for expert gaming and HD media streaming in the home. It has an intuitive web application, for “one click” comprehensive installation and configuration and includes the full set of NETGEAR Web Managed (Plus) Switch software features.
- Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router is the industry’s fastest router for media streaming with Plex Media Server, delivering 802.11ac/ad WiFi for ultra-smooth 4K streaming, VR gaming and instant downloads. It offers a powerful 1.7GHz Quad Core Processor and Quad-Stream architecture for combined wireless speeds up to a blazing7.2Gbps*.
“The Red Dot winners are pursuing the right design strategy. They have recognized that good design and economic success go hand in hand,” said Professor Dr. Peter Zec, founder and CEO of the Red Dot Award. “The award by the critical Red Dot jury documents their high design quality and is indicative of their successful design policy.”
About the Red Dot Design Award
In order to appraise the diversity in the field of design in a professional manner, the Red Dot Design Award breaks down into the three disciplines of Red Dot Award: Product Design, Red Dot Award: Communication Design and Red Dot Award: Design Concept. The Red Dot Award is organised by Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen and is one of the world’s largest design competitions. In 1955, a jury convened for the first time to assess the best designs of the day. In the 1990s, Red Dot CEO Professor Dr. Peter Zec developed the name and brand of the award. Ever since, the sought-after Red Dot award has been the revered international seal of outstanding design quality. More information is available at www.red-dot.org.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless(WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 31,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately28,000 value-added resellers,as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the NETGEAR investor page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter and Facebook.
©2017 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo,Arlo, Orbi and Nighthawkare trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. AC7200 equals 800Mbps at 2.4GHz 802.11ac with 256 QAM support + 1733Mbps at 5GHz 802.11ac + 4600Mbps at 60GHz 802.11ad. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
U.S. Media Contact: Nathan Papadopulos, (408) 890-3889, NPapadopulos@netgear.com
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Customer Inquiries: (888) NETGEAR
Red Dot Awards press contact:
Catharina Hesse, Communications Manager
Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen
+49 201 30104-50