Whole Home Mesh WiFi
No more dead zones, dropped connections, or buffering. Cover
every square inch of your home with smooth, reliable, best-in-class WiFi.
Mesh WiFi Buyer’s Guide
Mesh WiFi Systems use a mesh router and one or more mesh satellite units to cover your home with powerful WiFi. These tips help you select a mesh system for your home. Or, try our Mesh System Recommendation tool.
- WiFi Speed: Listed as WiFi format + megabits-per-second (Mbps). For example - "AX6000" means WiFi 6 "AX" at "6000" Mbps (or 6Gbps). The total bandwidth is then dynamically divided between mesh units and connected devices.
- WiFi Bands: Terms like tri-band and quad-band describe how many WiFi frequencies the system can broadcast at the same time. Each band is either 2.5 GHz, 5 GHz or 6GHz. More bands allow for faster speeds and more simultaneous connections to devices.
- Unit Placement: Consider where each unit will be located. The WiFi mesh router must be physically connected to your modem. Satellites should be placed within 25-50 feet from the router or at least one other satellite.
- Consider Unit Range: Is your home built from signal-reducing dense materials like bricks? Do you have a wide or multi-floor layout? Are there outdoor areas to cover? If so, you might need more satellite units for denser coverage.
- Advanced Router Security: NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender is an all-in-one Internet security platform.
- Parental Control & Content Filtering: With NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls – managing your family’s Internet time has never been easier.
- Smartphone Apps: Connect to your Orbi Mesh System via smartphone app to set it up and to control its advanced functions, or just to test your WiFi speed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Mesh WiFi technology is intuitive, using a router and 1 or more satellites - keeping you online even if one of the satellites is too far away. Each satellite piggybacks off the other satellites signal ensuring a consistent and powerful WiFi connection. NETGEAR offers Mesh WiFi Systems for Home & Business.
WiFi Extenders merely boost and repeat WiFi signals. Mesh systems, on the other hand, use smart technology that matches mesh routers to one or more satellites to provide a dedicated and reliable WiFi signal - that keeps you seamlessly connected as you move throughout your home. NETGEAR offers multiple Extender & Mesh WiFi options.