NETGEAR EXPANDS INDUSTRY-FIRST PORTFOLIO OF 5-SPEED NETWORKING SWITCHES WITH 12 AND 24 PORT MODELS
NETGEAR Smart Managed Plus Switches connect all your devices at the fastest Gigabit speeds possible over existing wiring without performance impact
LAS VEGAS — January 8, 2018 — NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of networking devices that power today’s smart home and small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), is expanding its family of industry-first 5-speed Multi-Gigabit switching products first introduced last quarter.
The new NETGEAR 5-Speed switches operate at 100Mbps, 1Gbps, 2.5Gbps, 5Gbps, or 10Gbps. Through an intuitive interface, the Multi-Gigabit switches provide easy, reliable and affordable connectivity with granular per-port bandwidth control and traffic monitoring without needing to install expensive new cabling to alleviate speed barriers. The five speeds per Ethernet port make them the most flexible and affordable 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit switches in the market.
XS512EM 12-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2 SFP+ Ports, Desktop and Rackmount— $899.99
XS724EM 24-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2 SFP+ Ports, Rackmount— $1,699.99
Modern high-performance networking devices such as network cards, gaming PCs, desktop PCs, servers, NAS storage and AC Wave 2 Wireless Access Points now offer both 2.5-Gigabit or 5-Gigabit connectivity. Other 10-Gigabit switches provide a standard 1-Gigabit connectivity to any device requiring less than 10Gbps, but NETGEAR Multi-Gigabit Switches provide additional options for 2.5 and 5Gbps. So, businesses are able to combine legacy Ethernet speeds like 100 Mbps or 1Gbps, with 10Gbps and now 2.5 and 5Gbps, so that all of the devices in your business, small office or home can run at their individual highest speeds. NETGEAR has designed these switches to be plug-and-play, making them capable of easily leveraging the full potential of performance and coverage offered by the latest high-speed devices.
Each of the intelligent multi-speed copper Ethernet ports on the switches automatically detects the speed requested by the connected device and the quality of the cabling, and provides the appropriate connection at one of the five speeds. The ports can be connected with regular Cat5E Ethernet cables, without the need to upgrade to Cat6 wiring, thereby reducing wiring costs and hassle. Each switch also has two SFP+ fiber ports with 1-Gigabit or 10-Gigabit connectivity that’s ideal for providing a high-speed uplink to your core network.
Both the XS512EM and the XS724EM Switches go beyond basic network connectivity by adding REVS (Reliability, Enhanced Control, Visibility and Security) values to any SMB network
- Reliability — Link Aggregation and Loop Prevention assure that the SMB networks are up and running to minimize possible downtimes.
- Enhanced Control — Improves your network performance with VLAN, QoS and Multicast Support.
- Visibility — Identifies any possible cable issues or abnormal traffic behavior with cable health test and port statistics.
- Security — Protects SMB networks for possible threats through Auto DoS and Storm Control.
Both the new XS724EM and the XS512EM Switches can operate either in silent mode or with a quiet fan. This whisper-quiet feature, combined with the smaller form factor of the 12-port XS512EM and its flexible, rackmount and desktop mounting options, makes the XS512EM especially ideal for smaller spaces.
Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at NETGEAR, said, “New devices on your network today each operate at their own speed for optimum performance. With NETGEAR, your newest devices are able to reach their top performance because our new 5-Speed Switches automatically sense and adjust to the appropriate speed on a per port basis, over existing cabling. They make it easy on your IT budget, too.”
The new Multi-Gigabit Smart Managed Plus Switches deliver the full set of powerful features of other NETGEAR Smart Managed Plus Switches — including network monitoring, traffic prioritization, and network segmentation — to small businesses who want more visibility and control on top of plug-and-play connectivity. Easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI makes advanced setup simple. Features include:
- QoS, VLAN and network monitoring
- Auto "denial-of-service" (DoS) prevention
- Cable test, loop prevention and broadcast storm controls
- IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
- Rate limiting and priority queuing for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Link Aggregation (static, LACP) to add redundancy and increase speed in your connections
- Energy efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power savings
NETGEAR XS512EM 12-Port and XS724EM 24-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switches are available now worldwide through authorized NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels and ecommerce sites. Regional variance may apply to the final pricing for end customers depending on the reseller and bundled offerings.
The 5-Speed Multi-Gigabit Switching Product Family
In addition to the XS512EM and XS5724EM Switches, there are already several other switches in the uniquely comprehensive NETGEAR portfolio of Multi-Gigabit/5-Speed Switches Customers can find a solution to fit every need and price point in both copper and fiber options, and desktop and rackmount editions of Unmanaged, Smart Managed Plus, Smart Managed Pro, and Fully Managed Switches.
- XS505M 5-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with SFP+ Port — $399.99
- XS508M 8-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with SFP+ Port — $599.99
- GS110MX 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch with 2-Port 10G/Multi-Gig Uplinks (GS110MX) — $199.99
- GS110EMX 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2-Port 10G/Multi-Gig Uplinks — $249.99
- MS510TX 8-Port Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper and SFP+ Ports — $349.99
- MS510TXPP 8-Port PoE+ Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 10G Copper and SFP+ Ports — $449.99
- M4200 Fully Managed Intelligent Edge Series Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Switch with PoE+ and 2 SFP+ Ports — $1,149.99
All NETGEAR Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Switches are supported by the industry-leading ProSAFE® Lifetime Hardware Warranty including Lifetime Next Business Day shipping for part replacement and Lifetime Technical Support options.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (WiFi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 30,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 25,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the NETGEAR investor page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter, Facebook and our blog.
©2018 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR, the NETGEAR logo, FastLane3 and Orbi are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. AC3000 equals 400Mbps at 2.4GHz 802.11n with 256 QAM support + 1733Mbps at 5GHz 802.11ac with 256 QAM support + 867Mbps at 5GHz 802.11ac with 256 QAM support. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
U.S. Media Contact: Nathan Papadopulos, (408) 890-3889, NPapadopulos@netgear.com
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Customer Inquiries: (888) NETGEAR