In September of this past year, we introduced new, powerful wireless access points designed specifically for the residential custom integration market, namely WAX628 and WAX638E. In January we added a budget-friendly, but feature-rich access point: the WAX618. This access point delivers 3 Gbps total throughput and is also equipped with a 2.5 Gbps Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) port. Today, we’re please to announce that the portfolio now includes WAX608Y a fast, weather-resistant WiFi 6 access point, ideal for residential or commercial integration projects with outdoor WiFi coverage needs. The dual-band access point delivers up to 1.8Gbps total WiFi throughput and is supported by a 2.5Gbps Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) port. As with its predecessors, the WAX608Y will be sold exclusively through authorized integrators and come bundled with four years of NETGEAR Insight and our ProSupport Services.
WAX608Y is designed to withstand harsh environment conditions including prolonged exposure to sunlight, cold, frost, snow, rainfall, hail, and humidity. It is rated IP55 and supports temperatures from -20C to 60C.
- Dual-band WiFi 6 access point – Fast, cost effective dual-band WiFi 6 access point for strong performance throughout, powered by 20/40/80MHz channelization in the 5GHz band
- Dedicated wireless support – Free, dedicated solutions experts for residential and commercial integrators with a direct contact email for consultation on placement, size, and maximizing performance
- Unprecedented WiFi 6 security – Enterprise level security for residential and commercial use to create safe access and secure sub-networks through SSIDs and VLANs
- Easy to configure – Use NETGEAR Insight to help configure and easily maintain the network
- Mesh capability – Compatible with all the other NETGEAR Pro WiFi (Insight Managed) wireless access points and with previous generation WiFi devices
- Reliable NETGEAR wireless – Proven WiFi technology expertise, used by millions of users in home and business and an industry-leading warranty, Next-Business-Day (NBD) replacement and 24/7 support
The WAX608Y joins a line of products targeting the residential custom integration channel that includes network switches for simplified, flawless AV over IP. The bundled NETGEAR Insight remote management cloud software and extended ProSupport services allow integrators to offer a great total solution to easily set up single or multiple sites to monitor and manage clients’ networks all with device protection, and support for the long run.
We’re Here to Help
In addition to the bundled services, we also offer our installer partners free access to our Pro WiFi Design Service team to help make residential projects as seamless as possible. This includes:
- Site surveys to maximize WiFi signals throughout the installation area
- Product selection assistance
- Troubleshooting with a direct line to NETGEAR engineers
- Pre- and post-installation training and support
Working with us, integrators and custom installers benefit from our more than 25 years of networking innovation and technology leadership. We understand what it takes to make residential projects come to life and work closely with our partners to help surprise and delight their clients.
The WAX608Y available now exclusively through authorized NETGEAR integrators and custom installers. For more information on the full NETGEAR ecosystem targeting the residential custom integration market, visit www.netgear.com/residential.