TELSTRA AND NETGEAR LAUNCH FIRST VDSL WAVE 2 WIFI GATEWAY FOR SMALL BUSINESSES: TELSTRA GATEWAY PRO
New Gateway improves streaming to multiple simultaneous WiFi connections at speeds up to 2.8Gbps
SYDNEY, Australia and SAN JOSE, Calif. - March 14 PDT, 2016 - The new V7610 VDSL Wave 2 WiFi Gateway from NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR) has been selected by Telstra Corporation Limited (ASX: TLS) to deliver business-class voice, fast Internet and extended WiFi coverage to small business customers as they move to Australia's high-speed National Broadband Network.
NETGEAR has designed the V7610 VDSL Wave 2 WiFi Gateway with Telstra to deliver more effective access to bandwidth for small business locations, enabling services such as uninterrupted streaming of HD video, voice over Internet-protocol (VoIP) for Internet-connected telephones, and high-availability multi-user Internet.
Available under the name Telstra Gateway Pro™, it is the world's first 4x4 802.11ac VDSL Gateway using Broadcom®'s 4366 chipset to come to market. It provides a built-in fast DSL modem for broadband that offers lightning-fast Very High Bit Rate DSL (VDSL) and VDSL2+ speeds while also being compatible with ADSL and ADSL2+ connections.
"We know fast, strong and reliable WiFi is becoming more important than ever for our business customers as they adopt tablets and untethered work practices," said Andrew Volard, Director of Devices at Telstra. "The Telstra Gateway Pro is our fastest WiFi gateway yet, offering real-world speeds up to six times faster than our previous business gateway. It also has our best-ever in-building coverage performance thanks to the combination of world-first Broadcom chipset, AC WiFi and 4x4 antenna technology."
Key Technical Specifications of the Telstra Gateway Pro:
- A powerful dual-core 1GHz processor delivers lower latencies and 802.11ac Wi-Fi speeds up to an amazing 2.8Gbps* (600Mbps + 2166Mbps) of throughput.
- Next-generation Wave 2 WiFi technology supports parallel data streams in the 802.11ac WiFi band, which maximizes connection speeds for smoother streaming with greater clarity and less buffering.
- MU-MIMO technology delivers data to multiple devices simultaneously, providing major bandwidth improvement in next-generation mobile devices.
- Integrated FXS ports and CAT-iq 2.0 support SIP-based VoIP connections.
- A Gigabit Ethernet WAN port is compatible with any Internet service so it offers a future-ready upgrade to fiber/cable options.
- An integrated VPN server enables multiple VPN clients for secure connections for remote users or remote office locations.
- 2 USB 3.0 ports support USB attached devices such as storage or a USB modem for advanced 4G LTE mobile broadband connectivity.
"We are delighted that Telstra has again selected NETGEAR to co-develop an industry-first gateway product for their subscribers," said David Henry, NETGEAR senior vice president of Home Networking. "The Telstra Gateway Pro is a complete triple-play service delivery platform. Telstra customers will now benefit from the newest and fastest WiFi with greatly improved simultaneous streaming within LANs, combined with flexible WAN connection options, and superior VPN security for remote workers or offices."
- Go to Telstra Small Business Digital Office Technology for more information on the Telstra Gateway Pro and other Telstra product and service packages for small businesses.
- Please visit NETGEAR Service Provider for information on NETGEAR broadband products for service providers.
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR (NASDAQ: NTGR) is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers. The Company's products are built on a variety of proven technologies such as wireless (Wi-Fi and LTE), Ethernet and powerline, with a focus on reliability and ease-of-use. The product line consists of wired and wireless devices that enable networking, broadband access and network connectivity. These products are available in multiple configurations to address the needs of the end-users in each geographic region in which the Company's products are sold. NETGEAR products are sold in approximately 27,000 retail locations around the globe, and through approximately 31,000 value-added resellers, as well as multiple major cable, mobile and wireline service providers around the world. The company's headquarters are in San Jose, Calif., with additional offices in approximately 25 countries. More information is available from the NETGEAR investor page by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR on Twitter and Facebook.
©2016 NETGEAR, Inc. NETGEAR and the NETGEAR logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NETGEAR, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other brand and product names are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder(s). The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. NETGEAR shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. All rights reserved.
* Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. AC2800 equals 600Mbps + 2166Mbps. Performance Mode requires 1024 QAM support on WiFi client for 5GHz. Up to 600/2166Mbps wireless speeds possible when connecting to other 600 @2.4GHz/ 2166 @5GHz 802.11ac Mbps devices. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate and wireless coverage. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product's compatibility with any future standards.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 for NETGEAR, Inc.: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Specifically, statements concerning NETGEAR's business and the expected performance characteristics, specifications, reliability, market acceptance, market growth, specific uses, user feedback and market position of NETGEAR's products and technology are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. These statements are based on management's current expectations and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the following: the actual price, performance and ease-of-use of NETGEAR's products may not meet the price, performance and ease-of-use requirements of customers; product performance may be adversely affected by real world operating conditions; failure of products may under certain circumstances cause permanent loss of end user data; new viruses or Internet threats may develop that challenge the effectiveness of security features in NETGEAR's products; the ability of NETGEAR to market and sell its products and technology; the impact and pricing of competing products; and the introduction of alternative technological solutions. Further information on potential risk factors that could affect NETGEAR and its business are detailed in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. NETGEAR undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
U.S. Media Contact:
Nathan Papadopulos, NETGEAR, (408) 890-3889, Npapadopulos@netgear.com
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. Customer Inquiries: (888) NETGEAR