Mobile Hotspot Tips
Explore these tutorials to discover the key features, user interface and customization options for your NETGEAR AirCard® device.
If you are concerned about security you will be pleased to learn that your mobile hotspot has several valuable security features:
- You can use the Homepage to customize security settings and to monitor and block users who you no longer wish to connect to your Wi-Fi network
- You can connect directly to your mobile broadband data network, without using Wi-Fi, by simply tethering your computer to the mobile hotspot using the included USB cable. All the necessary device drivers will be automatically installed
- You can make Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) connections. WPS is a standard that eases the task of adding new devices to a Wi-Fi network through a simple push-button technique – no Wi-FI key needs to be entered. This feature not only makes connecting easier but it is more secure since you do not need to provide your login credentials to friends and colleagues when they connect to your Wi-Fi network
Customizable Security Settings
Through the Homepage you can:
- Set the Wi-Fi encryption standard to be used
- Modify the Wi-Fi login credentials (SSID and Wi-Fi key) and choose whether to display this information on the LCD screen of the hotspot device
- Modify the Administrator password which is required to change options within the Homepage
Note: the Wi-Fi network name (SSID), Wi-Fi key and Administratorpassword are located on a white label located under the battery. If you forget your password, consult your documentation to learn how to reset the device and reload the original factory defaults.